The Hair Oil
INGREDIENTS: sweet almond oil*, golden jojoba oil*, castor oil*, horsetail*, nettles*, oat straw*, clove buds*, vanilla beans*, rosemary leaf*, copaiba, amla oil*, siam benzoin resin, tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract (*organic)
Sun & Moo's The Hair Oil is an herbal infused combination of oils that nourish the scalp and ends. This all-encompassing hair oil is beneficial for thinning hair, boosts growth, nourishes brittle hair, reduces dandruff and aids in rejuvenation.
- Made with infused organic herbs
- Promotes healthy, shiny, fuller hair
- Strengthens the hair root by improving hair follicles.
Smells like: vanilla, earthy, rosemary-infused
Consult with doctor if pregnant or breastfeeding!
1. ORGANIC COLD-PRESSED JOJOBA OIL:
Soothes the scalp, repairs breakage, controls dandruff. Rich in many vitamins and minerals that promote healthy hair, jojoba oil is the perfect oil to tame frizz and nourish the scalp.
Due to its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, jojoba oil can help restore the scalp’s natural moisture and pH balance without upsetting the sebaceous glands.
2. ORGANIC SWEET ALMOND OIL:
Almond oil is an emollient, meaning it can fill in gaps in your hair at a cellular level. That makes your hair feel smoother to the touch. Using almond oil on your hair gives it a softer texture over time. Once almond oil is incorporated into your hair care routine, you may also notice that your hair is easier to comb through and style.
3. ORGANIC CASTOR OIL: Rich in omega and fatty acids. It is very thick in nature and penetrates very easily on the scalp. It is beneficial for both skin, hair, and health. Castor oil also helps with the stimulation of elastin and collagen production.
It also helps in reducing dandruff and flaky skin and improves the blood circulation of the scalp.
4. ORGANIC HORSETAIL: Since it’s a real vitamin + mineral bomb, its very helpful for hair issues. Due to its high dosage of Silica, Horsetail can help if your hair is thinning out: increases hair elasticity and resistance, decreases breakage and fragile hairs, and strengthens and lubricates hair strands.
5. ORGANIC OAT STRAW: Oatstraw is rich in silica and calcium - two minerals which are active stimulators of growth, especially of bones, hair, and nails. This herb is especially beneficial in cases where hair loss and thinning are linked to chronic stress and anxiety.
6. ORGANIC ROSEMARY: This can help boost hair growth, reduce scalp conditions, increase hair thickness and improve hair luster and shine.
A study shows rosemary to be as effective as Minodixil 2% for hair growth!
Rosemary contains ‘carnosic acid’, its active ingredient. This ingredient is a plant compound that helps heal these damaged nerve endings and can help rejuvenate the damaged hair follicles and restore active hair growth.
7. ORGANIC NETTLES: nettles can be helpful in treating and preventing hair loss. This is primarily due to the high amount of sulphur and silica in nettle, which can help strengthen hair health and hair shaft.
8. ORGANIC VANILLA BEANS: vanilla can be a very soothing element for hair and scalp. It can help decrease hair breakage.
9. ORGANIC AMLA OIL: amla is a favorite for hair care across the globe. It can improve hair and scalp health, and it's rich in Vitamin A and C, antioxidants and nutrients which are associated with hair growth support.
10. ORGANIC CLOVE BUDS: clove buds nourish the hair due to their nutrient and antioxidant properties
11. ORGANIC COPAIBA: promotes a healthy environment for hair growth and provides hydration to the hair strand and scalp.
Our top tips for using this oil and getting as many benefits as possible:
- massage a full dropper onto your scalp for 2-10 minutes. This may seem like a long time, but trust us, the longer you massage this oil into your skin the more your scalp will be healthy and in turn help your hair become healthier too. We will have scalp massagers for sale soon!
- Leave in the oil for as long as a 4 hours (that’s the sweet spot!)
- Shampoo twice, or as many times as it takes to full remove the oil from your scalp
- Condition as usual (make sure you wring your hair dry before applying conditioner!)
- Ideally, use a microfiber towel to lightly dry your hair
- Air-dry or use very low heat to dry your hair and style as usual
- Not everyone will do this, but Emilie likes to take a couple drops of the hair oil and apply it to her ends. She then puts in her heatless silk hair curlers and it helps keep her ends healthy.